Sunday, March 31, 2013

THE READING HABIT

Most of our elders lament the almost non existent reading habit among the present generation.While I myself consider myself to be an avid reader,but I do tend to agree that people have reduced if not altogether stopped reading.But is it really so??

For most of us reading implies reading a paperback book,it involves the physicality if I may call it that ,of getting the feel f paper against our fingertips,the scent of a new book(or musty smell of a really old book),lying in a hammock enjoying the lovely summer breeze......

But wait....even reading a kindle..reading blogs,surfing the net...browsing  websites and knowledge portals also constitute(technically)-reading.So saying that the reading habit is dead may not be entirely true.People are reading though kindles,ebook readers etc are becoming more portal and that is evolution.Society evolves and this is part of the tech evolution.Man will eventually be more integrated with technology and technology will be an extension of the human body.

Coming back to reading,I am currently reading Robin Sharma's 'The Monk who Sold His Ferrari'.I have read it a couple of times and I somehow like it.I am also reading a book by an Army officer,Brig JP Dalvi who commanded 7 Infantry Brigade during the 1962 war.Its a must read who care about India in general and National Security in particular.I will give you a book review of the same so that all those who don't have the time can get the gist of it and all those who are really interested can get hold of the book.

Coming back to 'The Monk....", I really believe and I am practicing it ,the three things that if you practice every single day of your life will make a qualitative impovement in our lives are

  1. Meditation for atleast 15 min in the morning/evening
  2. Run/exercise everyday for 1hr
  3. Read a good book/blog for atleast 30 min
If you do this religiously for 30 days without a break I promise you;you will feel great and life will be great.Those of you who are mor spritually inclined jap could be an ideal way to start the day(for more see aum namah shivaya blog),for the rest of us these three things will most definitely improve our lives by 100%.Try it out and tell me how it works out for you.I am doing the same and I will tell you about my experience with this 30 day challenge.

So all you readers....happy reading and happy blogging


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Virtual Weapon and International Order by Lucas Kello

  Title: The Virtual Weapon and International Order Author: Dr. Lucas Kello (Associate Professor of International Relations, Oxford Univer...